The tricky part is finding something worthwhile to write about....so my friends and family will actually WANT to read this! :o) Having just moved overseas to the Philippines from Texas....I'm sure we won't have to look too far to find things to write about!! Every day is quite an adventure here....from the completely crazy driving with virtually no rules to shopping in impossibly crowded stores (there are 17 million people in this city), there really aren't too many dull moments!
As a matter of fact, we survived our first earthquake!! (Note to brothers: Don't tell mom! She'll worry WAY too much!) Saturday morning, I woke up and was sitting at the computer checking email when I felt the ground moving! I dismissed it at first, thinking I was crazy, but jumped up when I noticed the curtains swaying back and forth and the door swinging.....the building really was swaying!! We are on the top floor of our hotel, so we probably felt the swaying more than others did. I woke my husband up and asked him what was going on. Still half asleep (from working all night).....he said very matter of factly, "it's just an aftershock from the earthquake last night." I said, "What!?!!?!! An earthquake...seriously???" Turns out there had been an earthquake of a 5.2 magnitude the night before at 10:30pm...that I must have slept through. And thank goodness for that! I guess it wasn't as big of a deal to the people here as it was to me because it didn't even make the morning newspaper! :o) Apparently earthquakes are a pretty common occurance here!! I guess we'll just have to get used to them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment