Friday, November 28, 2008
House update:
Our hurricane ravaged house FINALLY got fixed (3 adjusters and many hours of hounding the insurance company later). Having an insurance claim is definitely a FULL-TIME JOB!! As it turns out, we had the insurance company with one of the worst track records on paying out claims. So I'm going to save you all the trouble of having to go through this yourself and tell you NOT to go with All State!! You've seen their ads: "You're in good hands with All State"....WHATEVER!!! Our roofers told us that All State is the absolute worst when it comes to claims. They also said that State Farm and Farmers are some of the best insurance companies to work with as far as claims, and they close the claims the fastest. And I'll tell ya...saving a little on your insurance premium each month by going with another company IS NOT worth it! After this ordeal, I'd much rather pay a little higher premium to know that if something does happen, I've got a good insurance company behind me! At any rate, the house is fixed and we sold it to our house-sitters. We closed the day before Thanksgiving....what a GREAT Thanksgiving present!!! After buying 4 houses and selling 3 of them in under 6 years....I hope I can safely say that we are staying put for a good LONG time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment