Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reminicing of Manila

I was thinking about Manila today, and it hit me....HARD....

The handful of LDS Expat families that were there when we first arrived have all left now. Some of us are back in the States, while others have moved on to new posts in other countries. Wherever we are, one thing is certain--we are all experiencing something VERY different than our lives in Manila!! That is such a crazy thought since we all became so close and really "needed" each other over there! People here just don't "need" each other in that way. I miss that...ALOT!

Adjusting to a different lifestyle is hard! I'm not sure how other "former Expats" are taking it, but this re-adjusting stuff really stinks! We've been back for about 9 months now (wow--that FLEW by!), and I'm still struggling to feel normal. After 2 years, life in Manila became normal and comfortable. But this American lifestyle definitely DOESN'T feel comfortable yet. Hopefully it doesn't take me 2 years to get to that point!

No comments: