That's what Whit's doctor is eating for dinner tonight.
He called this morning to let me know that her other doctor had given him the test results, and that he was "shocked" that they were abnormal. He thought the test would be completely normal...in fact, his exact words this morning were "I was 100% positive the test WOULD BE NORMAL...I'm intrigued". Thanks, but being intrigued does not help my daughter any! If he'd been a little more intrigued about a month ago, maybe Whit would be better by now! Can ya tell I'm STILL angry?! I need to let it go...but for some reason, I can't yet.
At any rate, we're headed to Primary Children's tomorrow--most likely for immediate surgery. In fact, the surgeon said that the latest he wanted to see us was tomorrow. He really wanted us there sooner. Apparently, if Whit's intestines close off any more it can become an emergency situation.
Tomorrow they will repeat the test that they did here, and then admit her for surgery if the test shows the same thing they saw here. The doctor ended the call by saying, "This is what needs to happen...she needs to be at Primary Children's...it's out of our hands now." And thank goodness for that!
We're not sure how many days we'll be gone, or what the surgery will be like for Whit. It's hard to leave our other kids w/o knowing when we'll be back. But anything is worth it to help Whit! I can't say that I'm not worried, but it feels good to finally know what we need to do to get Whit better. Knowing makes all the difference! Now it's time to act. It'll all work out...I have to have faith in that!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear all the stuff going on with precious Whit. I hope that you get all the help you need down at Primary Childrens.
Best of luck and our prayers our with you and your family and especially Whitley.
I am really glad to hear that you will be in the care of other doctors. What a rollercoaster ride. I will be thinking of you and praying for your sweet baby.
What a nightmare! Good luck!
Good Luck, and I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.
Im so sorry to hear of your troubles. We are saying lots of prayers. Hugs from the MacLeans
Katie,
I hope you have a chance to update. I want to hear how the surgery and procedures went at Primary Children's. What an ordeal you've been through and continue to face. How are your other children handling this? I am so sorry Katie. Take Care,
Colette
Post a Comment