Monday, March 07, 2011

Lock Down

Today the schools here were locked down because of a shooting threat. I could hardly believe it was happening here. It was terrifying! I started to panic when I couldn't get any information about what was going on.

I decided the only thing I could do for the kids was to pray---and worry---but mostly pray!

And then I gratefully remembered that Brett had already asked for protection to be with the kids this morning. I'm so glad we took the time to say prayers together as a family before school. I'll be honest, more often than not that doesn't happen at our house (and rarely without someone ending up in tears or a tantrum). I think it will become a priority now.

The all clear was issued in the afternoon, and the kids came home without knowing much of what happened. But I'm still a little dazed and shaken by the whole thing. It's a scary world sometimes!

No comments: