The Truth:
I've been feeling a little-- (more like A LOT) like I got hit by a bus (or a jeepney for those of you in the Philippines)!! At my last appointment my doc gave me permission to get out a little....by going to the swimming pool and to 1 hour of church on Sunday. HOORAY! I can't tell you how excited I was to finally get out of the house!!
The Problem:
I haven't been able to do any of those things because I just feel so darn yucky. I am convinced this is NOT the normal pregnancy yuck..but everyone keeps telling me otherwise. Even though I've had permission to be up and doing things...I've pretty much just been in bed feeling miserable. Whenever I tell Lily my stomach feels yucky, she says "It's okay, I'm here Mom!" She takes care of me! And when I REALLY feel yucky she tickles me or makes funny faces and says, "I make you happy, Mom?!? Your tummy not hurt now?" That is why Heavenly Father gave me her.....to make me happy!!! I can't help but smile when Lily's here taking care of me!!! :o)
A minor setback:
So the last few days I have felt EXTRA yucky. And I've been having some BAD contractions (yes, I am only 3 months...scary!) with some bleeding. So my doc wanted to see me right away and make sure the baby wasn't detaching more. We met her at the hospital and did another ultrasound. The good news: The baby is completely fine...quite rambunctious for this early actually. My doc says, "Either this baby wants to control your life, or it just likes to see me a lot!" :o) Have I mentioned that I LOVE my doctor!?! She canceled ALL her appointments yesterday (except for seeing me) because she had a high risk woman in labor and wanted to stay with her! That would NEVER happen in the U.S. I'm in really good hands if something does go wrong!! Anyway, back to the bad news: I am stuck in bed AGAIN for at least the rest of this week. Can I just scream?! Agghhh!!! Not that I probably won't be there anyway because of feeling just plain yucky all the time...but there is something about being FORCED into it that is NOT so appealing. And did I mention there's a bazaar on Monday??? Hello...its a "ber" month too!!
Note for those of you NOT in the Philippines: They start celebrating Christmas here as soon as we hit the "ber" months....SeptemBER, OctoBER, etc. Christmas music is already playing everywhere and Christmas trees are for sale...and it's not even close to Halloween yet! Crazy, I know! But they LOVE Christmas here....one month just isn't enough for them!!
So the bazaar will have TONS of Christmas stuff! And there is some stuff I REALLY want to get. I had to miss the last one...I CAN'T miss this one too! Its the highlight of my month. Maybe I really will have to just rent a wheelchair!!!
Oh, and one other thing that I don't think I've mentioned yet: I am not immune to Rubella. I just had a shot after Lily....had the same problem with her. I had to stay home from church for 2 months because there was a chicken pox outbreak in our ward--and that was in Texas! So I've got that to worry about too...which is another reason I haven't been to church yet. They just put 4 wards in our little tiny building and there are people everywhere...many of whom are squatters (no homes). So I'm extremely worried about this whole Rubella thing...it is a third world country after all!! My doc said to stay away from crowds. Ha! That's laughable here!!
Welcome to my CRAZY life!!!

5 comments:
Phew! I am so glad you finally posted because I was getting worried. Did you notice from my email, comment and IM? HA HA! I'm a worrier. :)
Lily is about the sweetest thing EVER! Your doc sounds awesome, too. I hope you start to feel better soon. That is no fun. But at least you do have Lily to take care of you.
What a bummer about the bazaar. Oh how I wish I was going to one. There are things I REALLY want to get too. HA HA! Too bad I'm not there, I would get what you wanted for you if you can't go. Ask someone to do that if your wheelchair rental doesn't work out. :)
And how in the world are there 4 wards meeting in that building in one day?! Talk about crazy!
I'm glad you blogged again... let's not go a month before the next one please. :)
I forgot to ask... how do you know if you are immune to Rubella or not? I have no idea if I am. Nice.
All of that just bites! I hope you stay well and the baby stays healthy! Your doctor sounds amazing. Glad you're in good hands.
I loved the crazy note at the end. I think we all think our lives are crazy but yours probably tops them all. Glad to hear from you.
It's nice to see you posted again! I'm glad that you and the baby are healthy, and I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. The Christmas bazaar sounds like something I would really like to go to, I hope you get to go.
Post a Comment