Our visit to the doctor went well today. Again, there is good news and bad news to report. The good news is that the baby's heart rate is VERY good!! The baby also grew exactly like it should have, which means it is getting properly nourished. The bad news is that there is still an area where the baby is not attached to the uterus. If you look at the picture above, the baby is in the middle and the black area on the upper left is where the baby is not attached. Babies should be fully attached by the third month. So there is still a chance that the baby will completely attach in the coming month--which is what we're hoping for!My doctor's main concern now is that she doesn't know if my hemorrhage last week is what caused the baby to dettach....or if the baby was already dettached before the bleeding started. Basically, she doesn't know what caused the bleeding or if it could happen again. So I am still on bed rest until I go back to the doctor in 2 more weeks. She IS letting me get up and move around the house a little though....which I am SO looking forward to!! She did say I have to stay in one place at a time for awhile. So no going from room to room or following the kids around...and as little walking as possible. But at least its better than being stuck in bed ALL DAY!!! Brett even figured out that I can use our computer chair with wheels on it as a wheelchair to get around the house w/o walking....yahoo!!! :o)
My doctor was also VERY pleasantly surprised that the baby is doing so well....she said she really didn't expect for things to look so good. The baby looks perfectly healthy! So the prayers in our behalf have definitely been working!! A big thanks to all of you for your prayers and concern!!! Its nice to know that even though we live clear across the world, our family and friends are still supporting us!
Salamat Po!!!
("thank you" in Tagalog)
("thank you" in Tagalog)

4 comments:
What great news! I'm so glad to read this! Thanks for keeping your blog readers updated. :)
I'm glad you're both okay, Katie!
At least you got in some good trips before you are now down for the count.
I didn't know you were even pregnant. Some friend I am, not staying on top of all the blogs. I updated mine today and decided to take a browse. I am sorry you are having problems, but I am praying that you have a very healthy baby in a few months!
Are you there? I need a new post from you! I hope all is well. Email me... or at least post something. :)
Post a Comment