Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A "real life" welcome back to Manila....Mabuhay!

Okay, so it is good to be back...but things are getting crazy fast!! School starts for Parker and Addie on Monday, and I'm going a little insane! We got back early Sunday morning and found out on Monday that Agnes (our "helper") has pnemonia...she's really sick! So we gave her until Friday off. Which means that I'm pretty much stuck at home with 3 crazy kids--who are just so glad to be home that they don't know what to do with themselves! I swear they have gotten every toy that we own out to play with......and all at once I might add (a BIG "no no" in our house)!!! Yesterday was such a "Why do I stay at home again???...mom day" that I think I'm going to lose it! Seriously!

I think I mopped the entire kitchen floor a total of 3 times in about as many hours: Once after Lily dumped her bowl of cereal on the floor, once after I found an inch of bottled water on the floor [the kids thought it was funny to just hold the lever down on the water cooler and let it run all over w/o telling mom], and once after I dropped a BIG jar of pickles on the floor because I was extremely tired and frustrated, and Lily was screaming at the top of her lungs [and had been for about 15 minutes straight] for her dad [who had already left for work] to save her from having to eat her dinner
. How's that for a run-on sentence!?

That's not to mention the mud that I cleaned up all over the living room floor after the girls decided to make mud pies out of the dirt in the flower pots; which I had just watered, so it was extra muddy!. Then there's the chalk footprints that were left all over the house by a chalk bandit who rubbed chalk from her easel all over the eraser and then stamped it on her feet. The scary part is that I'm actually considering letting the kids keep doing it so that I can see where they have been all day, and find out which kid/kids are the ones making all the messes!

So can someone PLEASE remind me again why I chose to stay at home?!? I know there's a good reason, I just can't seem to come up with it today........

........Oh yeah, it's because of my sweet innocent kids!


Maybe tomorrow they'll be a little more sweet and A LOT more innocent!!! :o)

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a day! I'm glad you're home and the kids are keeping you busy. I wish I was there and I would come over and help you. Just now, as I was reading your blog, the news was on and they showed a volcano that erupted this morning in the Philippines. Hopefully nobody was hurt. They showed video of it and it was huge. And I'm not referring to the volcano that went through your house today (the kids!). :)

Jocelyn said...

We need an update. I want to hear about the bazaar too. Lucky!