Sunday, August 19, 2007

Trip to Cebu

We took a spur of the moment trip to Cebu this past weekend. Brett had to go for work, and we all decided to go with him. Cebu is about an hour flight South of Manila.



The kids had a blast at the Shangri La Mactan Island Resort where we stayed. There was a kids adventure area that we were able to leave Addie and Parker in for a kids party on two of the nights. One night they had a magician/juggler show, and the next night they had a bubble show. Lily was too little to stay by herself, so she got some extra "alone-time" with mom and dad.








We spent quite a bit of time at the beach in Cebu






We got to feed the fish bread, and schools of fish would swim around us. It was really fun!







The kids loved playing in the sand!

















We also rented a kayak.







Addie LOVED it!!!










Lily, however, was not so thrilled. She had been grumpy all day! She DID NOT want to go in the kayak. She cried for a little bit, and then we realized she was asleep...slumped over in her life jacket (which made a darn good pillow!). The waves had rocked her right to sleep. So the rest of us held onto the kayak and snorkeled while she slept. It was WONDERFUL!!!










The poor girl was just plum tuckered out!!!













While I was taking care of Lily I had lost track of Parker. I was getting worried when I couldn't see him....and then I looked over and found him burying a Chinese man in the sand!! What in the world?!? Crazy kid!







While we were at the beach that day, there was a wedding at the Resort. It was for a Filipina and a white man...imagine that (not sure if he was American or Australian)! We got to watch the bride walk down the isle--although I think someone forgot to sew her dress up!!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Parker burying a Chinese man in the sand CRACKED ME UP! Your stories of that kid are so hilarious! I love it! Lily couldn't look cuter conked out on the kayak (and then on the beach chair)! About the wedding... "imagine that" is right! We watched one of those in Boracay and it was quite the show - bride being carried off the boat onto the beach by about 8 Australians and the rest of the whole event with everyone within eyesight watching. It was pretty though.

P.S. Are those the goggles Parker wants to wear when he's baptized? LOL!

4guysandme said...

wow, the kids have gotten so big!!!