I'm really 30....how in the heck did that happen?! It sorta snuck up on me what with all our moving and crazy life changes the past few years. Brett however, was so proud that I would have our 4th and final child BEFORE I turned 30. Apparently he thinks that is quite the feat. I, on the other hand, am just happy not to be spending my birthday in the hospital of a third world country!!
We celebrated by going out for dinner at Hard Rock--my first meal out in QUITE some time (thanks to 7 months of bedrest)! But it was short-lived since I had to get home to the baby after only an hour. The kids had made a cake with some help from Aunt Betty Ann...and a pumpkin pie, my favorite!! I guess Brett must have really been listening to me complain last Thanksgiving about not being able to get pumpkin here! :o) He also got me some beautiful pearls!!
People keep asking if I'm having a mid-life crisis since I'm turning 30. When I ask why, they usually say something like, "Well, most people feel like they haven't done enough yet." Now those of you who know me well know that Brett and I have done more than enough crazy stuff so far in our marriage!!!
Here's just a few of the things we have done:
1. Moved 7 times in nearly 7 years (all across the U.S.)
2. Visited Germany and Austria
3. Lived through the craziness that was hurricane Rita
4. Gone on an Alaskan cruise
5. Been to all the U.S. coasts
6. Lived in Tornado Alley
7. Bought and sold multiple houses (boy, is that an experience in and of itself!)
8. Moved overseas
9. Experienced a few coup attempts, plenty of typhoons, and at least 4 earthquakes
AND
10. Both flown across the world and driven across the U.S. multiple times with young kids....now THAT is an experience!!!
So in case you're wondering....no, I'm not having a mid-life crisis because I "haven't done enough!"

1 comment:
Happy Birthday... a little late but I hope it was a good one (sounds like it was)! You definitely have done a lot and I would like to know since when is 30 your MID life? It's more like 45-50 now... I'm sure!
Post a Comment