Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hide n Seek

fHave you ever had the urge to hide from your family? I'm not ashamed to admit that I HAVE (You know you have too)! I have even been known to play hide n seek with my kids for the sole purpose of getting a few minutes alone to myself while hiding in a VERY hard to find spot!! If you haven't tried it, you really should!

And that's exactly what I did yesterday...without even meaning to! It was one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days...and in a foreign country it's even worse!! I had gone to the pantry to find something to make for dinner. I stood there with the door open for quite some time, then a thought popped into my head, "If you close the door no one will look for you in here." So that's exactly what I did! I pulled up the big bucket o' crackers and sat down. It's surprising how peaceful a pantry can be! I got a bit of lite reading done while looking at the back of my canned goods for new recipes, and I took stock of what we had and what we needed. I must say, I quite enjoyed myself! I even got about 30 minutes of time to myself. So I think I'll hide in the pantry more often!! You should try it too!

Note to self: Hide a bag of cookies in the pantry to munch on next time.


Disclaimer for CPS: Husband was home during said hiding attempt--no child was ever left alone or unattended.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I soooo love to hide! Laundry room is great too. I was just putting the kids to bed and was thinking some quiet time would be nice. Love your blog and catching up on what's been going on with u guys!

Hyde Family said...

That is pretty funny and not too bad of an idea. I;ll have to try it in our pantry. Only ours locks on the inside so they can never get in even if they know I'm in there. Thanks for the great idea! Have a great day!

Kristin said...

The bathroom is my hiding place of choice. But the pantry with all that food, that would be much better!

Jocelyn said...

So funny. I think everyone has done it! :)

Tom and Audrie said...

I had a cousin tell her son she would find him in 10-15 minutes. She then went about cooking/cleaning with no kids while he hid in the closet (which is where he told her he was going to hide).