Sunday, May 11, 2008

The unwritten rules of Mother's Day:

1. Kids MUST behave their worst on this day. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
2. You MUST be late to church every single year because of said behavior in rule #1. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
3. You MIGHT not have to make your own dinner (but you'll for sure have to clean it up). HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
4. You MUST take a nap while dad "watches" the kids--only to wake up to something resembling a tornado. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
5. The kids MUST go to bed early so you can re-coup from "YOUR" day! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

And now that they're all asleep and your house is peaceful once again, you can LOVE them and be GLAD you're their mom!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That sounds like my Mothers Day, except I still had to make dinner. Scott and Samantha talked about making dinner, but when Scott fell asleep on the couch (he wasn't feeling well)and everyone was hungry I just gave up on waiting.

Tom and Audrie said...

Sounds like Mother's Days that I've had in the past too.