Here's a little update for those of you who have been asking how the baby and I are doing:
He's doing great, apparently so great that he wants to come out NOW!! I've been having horrible contractions for the last week due to a VERY bad infection (the doc used 4 explanation marks in her text...so I think that says something!). Let's just say that it has been about THE most painful week of my life! The doc nearly sent me to the delivery room last week (she even texted me saying, "Are you sure the baby isn't coming out?" Uh, no--I wasn't sure of anything!). But I told her I didn't want to go to the hospital. I didn't have my bag packed (here you really HAVE to be prepared!!), and we didn't have our helpers here to watch the kids. So we really couldn't have gone anyway! I think they would have let me have him if I would have gone. Bummer!! But remember the scripture, "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear"? Well....I wasn't prepared, and I was definitely fearing!! But now I AM prepared, and I am simply READY! I don't care what the hospital is like (even if there IS brown water and cockroaches), I am just READY to have this baby!!! :o)
The issue is Holy Week. It is a HUGE holiday here, and everyone leaves Manila...including doctors. So I have to either have the baby before the 19th, or wait until after the 24th if I want a doctor around. I'm really hoping she agrees to induce me on Monday the 17th!
Update: Just got back from my doctor....she IS inducing me on Monday!! Ya-hoo!!! That is if I don't go into labor before then?! We're both a little worried about that. It was a bit of a hard sell....until I told her about my previous doctor--the one that missed catching Addie and would have missed Lily too had the nurses not crossed my legs and held her in until he got back from his coffee break just down the hall! Boy did he come running!! Poor guy didn't even get to drink his coffee. He wrote on the front page of my medical records when we moved...and I quote: "BE AWARE!! Patient truly has rapid deliveries!" Uh, yeah...I tried to tell him that before but he didn't believe me until he nearly missed baby #2! :o) Hopefully this delivery isn't quite that crazy....but I do have a feeling it will be memorable none-the-less!!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How exciting! I can't wait to see the little guy! March 17th is St. Patrick's Day right? Fun! I hope you don't have to be in too much pain though... a week of contractions doesn't sound fun at all! Good luck with everything! I'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment