The Chocolate Hills:
Philippine legend has it that the Chocolate Hills are either the teardrops of a giant, or the debris of a battle between 2 giants.
Climbing up to see the Chocolate Hills, and the kids resting once they reached the top...it was a LONG way up!!
Tarsier: The world's smallest monkey
This monkey fits in the palm of your hand. Their fur is VERY soft...and boy can they jump! You're not supposed to hold them, but when no one else was around they waved us over and started putting monkeys on the kids. I hate to say it, but there are times that it pays to be American here!! Of course they expected a donation out of it...but I'll pay a few pesos any day to hold a monkey!! :o)
And...
Just in case you were wondering....
This is how you move when you're in the Philippines: You rent a Jeepney, stuff everything you own inside, then you hang onto the back and off you go!!
We also saw quite a few jeepneys that were packed full with like 20 people...some hanging out the sides and the back. That's not unusual at all to see, but what was unusual in Bohol is that they didn't just pack the inside of the jeepney with people and have others hanging out the back--they also had about 20 people riding on the top of the jeepney as well!!! It was quite the sight! I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get a picture though...bummer, I know you would have loved that one Jocelyn!! :o)













1 comment:
I loved Bohol! I remember the first time we went there I too was surprised by the way they rode the jeepneys there... inside AND on top! I wish I had a picture of it too. I love the photos of the kids with the tarsiers on them!
Post a Comment